Five job fairs on tap throughout region
Media Contact: Laura Byrnes, APR, CPRC
Direct: 352-291-9559 | Mobile: 352-816-1264
OCALA, Fla. (May 11, 2016) – Job fairs are in full bloom this spring throughout the CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion region.
The job fairs, which take place over the next month, are designed to connect employers with general job seekers as well as recent postsecondary graduates and older youth/young adults. There is also a job fair featuring area manufacturers.
Brenda Chrisman, CareerSource CLM’s business services officer, said the job fairs offer employers a “fast, efficient and effective” way to recruit while providing job seekers the opportunity to meet hiring managers one-on-one.
Prior to attending, job seekers are asked to register with Employ Florida at www.employflorida.com. There is no charge to participate, but professional dress is required.
To date, more than 60 employers plan to take part in the job fairs. Visit the Calendar of Events at careersourceclm.com for employers attending each of the following:
- Hire a Grad Job Fair takes place Wednesday, May 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the College of Central Florida Webber Center, 3001 SW College Road, in Ocala. The third Hire-a-Grad Job Fair is open to all recent degree, certificate and technical graduates from any postsecondary program in Citrus, Levy and Marion counties as well as graduates returning to the area. The job fair is presented by the college in partnership with CareerSource CLM. Information: call 352-873-5855 or visit XCEL-IT@cf.edu.
- Citrus County Spring Job Fair is set for Tuesday, May 24 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at CF’s Citrus County campus, 3800 S. Lecanto Highway, in Lecanto.Twenty-four employers plan to attend, including Fluor Enterprises, Inc., Duke Energy’s engineering, procurement and construction contractor; Crystal River Health and Rehabilitation Center; Federal Bureau of Prisons; and Rural King. Call 352-249-3278, ext. 3206 or 800-434-JOBS, ext. 3206.
- Levy County Spring Job Fair will be held Wednesday, May 25 from10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Haven Hospice Community Center, 311 NE 9th St., in Chiefland. Currently, 16 employers have signed up including A&N Corporation, Capital City Bank, Levy County Board of County Commissioners and Regional General Hospital. To learn more, call: 352-493-6813, ext. 2870.
- Marion County Spring Manufacturing and More Job Fair takes place Thursday, May 26 from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at CF’s Klein Conference Center in Ocala. A dozen employers are on tap including American Panel Corporation, ClosetMaid, Custom Windows, E-One and Raney’s. Call 352-732-1700, ext. 2260 or 800-434-JOBS, ext. 2260
- Third Annual Youth Job Fair is planned for Thursday, June 2 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Marion County Public Library Headquarters, 2720 E. Silver Springs Blvd., in Ocala. This event is for ages 16-24 only. Information: call 352-732-1700, ext. 2260 or 800-434-JOBS, ext. 2260.
Free job fair preparation assistance is available at any CareerSource CLM career center. Job Fair Preparation Tips, including dress policy and most frequently asked job interview questions, are also available at careersourceclm.com. More information is available at 800-434-JOBS.
CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion is a member of the CareerSource Florida network of workforce services and resources. CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For accommodations, call 800-434-5627, ext. 7878 or e-mail email@example.com. Like CareerSource CLM on Facebook, subscribe on YouTube and/or follow on Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.