Kicking the habit not only has proven health and financial benefits, but as more and more businesses become tobacco free, it may improve job prospects as well.
That’s why CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion has teamed up with Tobacco Free Florida to support tobacco users’ efforts to quit. It's easy to get free assistance at any of our career centers, and you don't even have to be registered or use our services.
Tobacco products include, but are not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, water pipes, hookahs, smokeless (chewing) tobacco and electronic or "e-cigarettes."
Tobacco Cessation Classes available at our Citrus County career center in Lecanto. No charge but registration is required. Limited space available!
Referral Assistance to FREE Services
- One-on-one counseling, access to support groups and tobacco cessation products through a local Area Health Education Center (AHEC);
- Enrollment in Tobacco Free Florida’s online program;
- One-on-one couseling and support as well as tobacco cessation products through the local Quit Line;
- Access to Tobacco Free cost calculators to see weekly, monthly and annual savings based on their average tobacco usage
- Consultation with CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion staff member to understand the benefits of being tobacco free in today's job market
How to Get a Referral
- Visit any CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion office and meet with a staff member to receive free quit assistance materials as well as program referrals
- Call your local CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion office to receive a referral over the phone
- Additional assistance and materials are available by visiting Tobacco Free Florida.
We've kicked the habit, too!
As of Jan. 1, 2015, CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion is a Tobacco Free Workplace. Smoking or use of any tobacco product by staff, customers, contractors, vendors or visitors will not be allowed at any of our properties (including buildings, parking lots, walkways, standing areas and doorways). Read the new policy.