Young Adult Workforce Services
Specialized young adult workforce services can help lead to career development opportunities and employment.
Young adults ages 16-24 who are not enrolled in school may qualify for a variety of specialized, no-cost services through at any of our career centers in Citrus, Levy or Marion counties.
- Personal Career Counseling – Career coaches dedicated to facilitating the young adult’s journey to positive outcomes and life changes.
- Work Readiness Training – Workshops and skills development designed specifically for young adults with limited-to-no previous work experience.
- Occupational Credentialing – Supports a career path for young adults entering the workforce.
- Paid Work Experience – Eligible young adults may qualify for up to 12 weeks of on-the-job training in their chosen field with a local business.
- Job Corps – No-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps older youth and young adults ages 16 through 24 improve the quality of their lives through vocational and academic training.
More Youth Services
Citrus County Youth Career Expo
The Youth Career Expo returned to Citrus County for the fourth time on Feb. 9, 2022 and was held as a virtual event. Plans are underway to hold an in-person expo sometime this fall which will highlight education, training and career opportunities in our own backyard.
Levy County Youth Career Expo
The Third Annual Levy County Youth Career Expo took place on March 10, 2022 at the College of Central Florida Jack Wilkinson Levy Campus. It was an in-person event. Check back for updates on the Fourth Annual Levy County Youth Career Expo slated for late winter or early spring 2023.
Marion County Youth Career Expo
The Seventh Annual Marion County Youth Career Expo for middle and high school students took place in-person on January 27-28, 2022 at the Circle Square Cultural Center. Plans are underway for the Eighth Annual Marion County Youth Career Expo early in 2023.
Phoenix Rising YouthBuild Recruiting
The award-winning Phoenix Rising YouthBuild program is recruiting deserving young adults, ages 18-24, to take part in one of the next YouthBuild projects.